What to Bring
- Shampoo, soap, tooth brush, tooth paste, shaving kit, etc.
- Gym shoes (non marking) and workout clothes
- Comfortable modest clothing is required
- Socks and underwear
- Swim suit (one-piece)
- Jacket / hoodies, etc. (weather / season appropriate)
- Small day pack
- Sufficient prescription medicine as prescribed and in the original containers or bubble wrapped for the duration of your treatment (see Medical portion of application)
- Over-the-counter medication and vitamins in the original packaging that are sealed and unopened
- Debit and/or credit card
- Long distance calling card is a must for all calls
- Enough cigarettes for your entire stay (for smokers) or sufficient funds to purchase locally
- Personal health care number or card (Canadian residents)
- Other valid identifications
- RLTC does not allow technical hair grooming on site, such as giving hair cuts and absolutely no hair dye.
Please DO NOT bring
- T-shirts with offensive slogans or that promote alcohol or drugs
- Revealing clothing
- Two-piece bathing suits
- Laptop computers, TVs
- Portable music players (iPods, etc.), personal entertainment items
- Mouthwash or other items containing alcohol (i.e. perfume, hand sanitizer, hair dye, nail polish)
- Protein powders or workout supplements
- Sex toys
- Work or education course material
- Junk food
- Weapons, knives, scissors
- Bedding including pillows, cushions, blankets and stuffies.
Clients will need funds for medications they require during treatment if not covered by medical; may want to have some spending money when on outings, or on weekend/day passes, etc. Phone cards can be purchased at the Administration office.
Laundry facilities and products are available for residents to wash and dry their personal items.
Weekend passes are awarded to clients under certain conditions and only after two weeks of treatment. Approval of individual/personal outings is dependent on:
- Application for pass to be completed and submitted to Client Support Worker (CSW) office staff by noon Thursday. Applications are available in CSW office.
- Counsellor review/approval of passes.
- Progress is demonstrated in treatment process.
- Responsible arrangements are to be made for your assigned chores.
- Responsible arrangements are made for your own transportation – destination must be within 160km of Round Lake.
- Check-in time for Friday evening or Saturday day pass is 11:30pm.
- Check-in time for weekend pass is Sunday at 6:00pm.
Please inform staff when you are leaving, when you arrive back, if you have cancelled your outing, or if you will be late because of an emergency.
If at anytime you feel you need to return from a day/weekend pass, you are welcome to do so.
Driving to Round Lake
Find us with Google
Round Lake Treatment Centre is located 25 km north of Vernon on Highway 97. The Painted Turtle Lodge is located just behind the gym on the eastern edge of the property overlooking a wooded slope to the lake. Transportation will be provided for program activities and trips to Vernon on Saturdays.
If you are driving from Vernon, British Columbia follow Highway 97 towards Armstrong, B.C. At the Swan Lake junction, turn left under the overpass and continue on Highway 97. On the way to the Centre you will pass O’Keefe Ranch on your right and the Motoplex Speedway on your left. About 15 minutes after leaving Vernon, the two-lane road (Highway 97) will turn into four lanes. Shortly after you are on the four-lane, you will see a sign to your right indicating Round Lake Treatment Centre. Turn off onto Round Lake Road (a gravel road) and follow the signs to the Centre. The Centre is approximately five minutes from the main highway.
If you are driving from Kamloops, British Columbia take the Trans Canada Highway north away from Kamloops until you come to the Monte Creek/Highway 97 junction. Turn right and follow the highway through the town of Falkland. About 10 minutes after Falkland, the two-lane highway will turn into four lanes. Five minutes later, on the left, you will see the Round Lake Treatment Centre sign. Turn left onto Round Lake Road (a gravel road) and follow the signs to the Centre. The Centre is approximately five minutes from the main highway.
Travel To and From Round Lake
Find us with Google
If You Are Taking the EBus
Transportation from the Lower Mainland is available through Ebus. Ebus operates through reservation only myebus.ca/ or 1-877-769-3287. From Vernon you can hire a taxi to take you to Round Lake. Taxi service to Round Lake is $60.00 one-way via Vernon Taxi (250-545-3337).
If You Are Flying
Book a flight to the Kelowna Airport. Airport shuttle service is available for $49 by reservation only through Let’s Go Transportation at (778) 821-0101 or www.letsgotransportation.ca. Cab fare from Vernon to Round Lake Treatment Centre is now $60.00 (one way) and is payable to Vernon Taxi (250-545-3337).