Round Lake Treatment Centre is committed to providing the safest possible environment for its clients. It is a priority to protect clients and ensure their anonymity at all times. Guidelines have been established for this purpose and the staff are mandated to administer them. The expectation of the visitor is to respect these guidelines and boundaries, remembering the reason for them.
- Visitors are not allowed until after the second week of treatment.
- Visiting hours are from 1:00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Saturday is a scheduled “Town Trip” day, so you will need to call by Friday evening to let the client know you are coming so that he/she can make plans not to be on the “Town Trip” roster.
- Visitors will refrain from entering the sleeping quarters and the client lounges. These areas are protected personal and private areas for the clients. Please respect the privacy of the other clients.
- Visitors are allowed in the designated visiting area. This ensures the anonymity of the clients and the safety of staff, clients and visitors.
- Visitors under the influence of alcohol or drugs are prohibited from the centre grounds. Round Lake Treatment Centre is committed to providing an alcohol-and-drug-free environment for the clients, staff and visitors.
- Visitors and clients are requested to refrain from intimate behaviors during visitations. This is in respect of learning appropriate behaviors.
- Any children (child to mean anyone under 16 years of age) visiting clients at the Centre must be accompanied and supervised by an adult (other than the client) at all times. We would encourage clients to discuss with their primary counsellor or A&D Referral Worker alternate arrangements for visitation with children off site if they know children will be visiting during the treatment program.
- Clients on Weekend Passes are to be picked up after 4:30 p.m. (clients are in session until 4:30 p.m.). Early arrivals will be asked to remain at the Administration parking area or return at 4:30 p.m.
Attending the Marble Ceremony
The Marble Ceremony starts Friday at 10:00 a.m. unless otherwise noted. Ending times vary, though most end between 1 and 2 p.m.
- Refrain from entering the Residence and Four Seasons. These areas are still the personal space of all the clients and must be kept safe for them.
- Round Lake Treatment Centre kitchen staff prepares a cold lunch buffet for visitors, clients and staff. It is served at approximately noon. Breakfast will not be served to visitors.
- Please remain within the Gymnasium. Smoke only in designated areas.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for the conduct and safety of their children. They must ensure that their children follow these same Visitor Guidelines.
- The client is responsible for removing all his/her belongings from the Residential Living Area. Visitors are not allowed in the Residence on Marble days.