Alcohol and Drugs
- The possession or use of alcohol or non-prescribed drugs by clients while in treatment is not acceptable and will result in immediate dismissal from treatment.
- A personal baggage check is conducted upon entry and return from weekend and or day passes.
- You can make one phone call to confirm your safe arrival. Collect call or by calling card.
- During the first week – emergency phone calls only.
- Phone calls can be made from the client phone at the administration office. Office hours 8:00am–12:00pm and 12:30pm–4:30pm. You require a phone slip signed by your primary counsellor for calls made during office hours. Turn the phone slip in to the Administration staff.
- After-hour calls can be made from the Client Support Workers’ office. Please sign the outgoing phone calls detail book. A phone slip is not required for after hours calls and phone use will be at the discretion of the Client Support Worker.
- Phone calls are to be made during break time only or after supper.
- Personal calls can be made from the mall on Saturday town trips. No personal calls during client outings, i.e. AA meetings or bowling.
- In most cases, calls will be limited to five minutes.
You will not be called from session for personal calls. However, in the event of an emergency, your counsellor will inform you immediately. Personal messages are posted at the administration office or on the bulletin board at the residence.
Checking for mail: Monday to Friday, check for mail after 4:00 pm at the Administration building or CSW office.
Passes: Weekend Pass or Weekend Day Pass
Passes are a privilege, not a right – they must be earned. Weekend passes are granted to clients only after two weeks of treatment. Approval of individual/personal outings is dependent on:
- Application for pass to be completed and submitted to CSW staff by noon Thursday. Applications are available in CSW office
- Progress is demonstrated in treatment
- Responsible arrangements are to be made for your chores
- Responsible arrangements are made for your own transportation – destination must be within 100 miles or 160 km of Round Lake
- Clients on a day pass must return to the Centre no later than 11:30pm
- Clients on a weekend pass must return to the Centre no later than Sunday at 6:00pm
Please inform staff when you are leaving, when you arrive back, if you have canceled your outing, or if you will be late because of an emergency. If at anytime you feel you need to return from a day/weekend pass, you are welcome to do so.
Health & Safety
- Smoke only permitted in the designated smoking areas. No smoking in any of the buildings
- The doors to all occupied rooms will remain unlocked in case of fire
- Ask a staff person if you wish to smudge your sleeping area
- All medication will be turned in to the CSW at intake. You will be given access to your medication by the Nurse or CSW. Medications will be monitored and your self administration of medications will be recorded on the individual client medical form. The Resident Nurse will review prescriptions
- A high standard of personal hygiene is required including daily baths/showers
- Laundry facilities are available; schedule is posted in laundry room
- Use only the bed you are assigned and daily upkeep of assigned room is a personal responsibility
- Refrain from horseplay, running in the hallways and refrain from profanity
- Lounges are provided as a common area for residents in that wing
- Sleeping areas are private quarters. No visiting in another client’s room or inviting other clients into your room is permitted
- Withdrawal/dismissal from the program requires prompt exit from the premises. You will be asked to wait at administration building while waiting for taxi etc.
- All money and valuables may be turned in at the CSW’s office for safe keeping. (Round Lake is not responsible for lost or stolen items)
- Inform staff of your whereabouts (walks, gym, jogging) and remain within the Round Lake boundaries; the fence lines
- Appropriate dress code required. I.e. shirts worn at all times; shorts, skirts, dresses are to be a respectful modest length. Shoes or slippers worn at all times. No inappropriate logos/sayings/pictures on clothing. No hats or sunglasses in circle/dining areas
- Personal items are to be turned in (MP3 player, iPod, radios, cameras, books, hobbies, crafts, etc.). Personal items may be accessed on weekends in consultation with CSW.
- All cell phones, computers or any web access device can be accessed only after consultation/evaluation with your primary counsellor
- No unsupervised group/circle work at any time. No “counselling” of other clients
- Couples and co-ed to view videos in Four Seasons
- No junk food (i.e. pop, chips, chocolate, candy) allowed to be eaten in Round Lake vehicles or at the centre
- If you have your own vehicle take responsibility for asserting your boundaries/limits. Keys to your vehicle must be turned into the CSW staff
- Ensure that you make your own marble as it is a meaningful part and symbol of your recovery
- Clients are not to sell items to each other or to staff
- Do NOT bring your own bedding, including blankets, pillows, cushions, and stuffies.
CLIENT DISCHARGE will occur when a client has either caused injury to another person or the treatment centre, used alcohol and/or drugs while in treatment, or has become involved in an intimate relationship with another client and is unwilling to stop the relationship
Discharge from the Program
Clients who have completed treatment or voluntarily leave or are discharged from the program are to have no further contact with clients still in treatment; either by phone, email, fax, mail or other (i.e. 12-step meetings, town trips, etc.).
Round Lake will intercept any incoming mail, email or calls from past clients or any person attempting to interfere with your treatment. All communications received, if any, will be given to you once you leave treatment.