ROUND LAKE TREATMENT CENTRE ADMISSION CRITERIA
ROUND LAKE ACCEPTS CLIENTS WHO:
- Have two weeks (14 full days) from drugs (excluding crystal meth users) and alcohol prior to admission . No exceptions will be made - clients without the required clean time will not be admitted. Round Lake is not a detox facility. Crystal meth users must be clean for five months prior to admission
- Are 19 years of age or older
- Have had a minimum of six one-hour (or longer) pre-treatment counselling sessions within the past 3 months with an A&D Counsellor or Referral Worker.
- Have no outside interference during the treatment program such as court appearances, MCF case conferences, doctor, dentist, physiotherapist appointments, etc.
- Have no upcoming legal issues/court cases. Applicants coming from an institution must reside in a halfway house, recovery house, John Howard Society, or the community a minimum of one month before entering the program. Round Lake does not participate in mandated treatment as a condition for release from probation or parole. Delaying pending court dates in an effort to confirm an intake date only delays the intake process; all court dates must be dealt with prior to admission to Round Lake.
- Admission Criteria is clearly outlined. Questions are accepted but please do not expect exceptions to be made for your client. Admission critieria is based on the need to ensure a safe environment for all.
- If your client does not meet the admission requirements and needs some time to do so there are many recovery homes in your area where a client can stay while waiting.
Round Lake does not accept clients with the following legal conditions:
a) Electronic Monitoring
b) Temporary Absence
c) 24 Hour Supervision
d) Day Parole
e) Known, charged, or convicted sexual offenders
All other legal conditions are reviewed on a case by case basis
ROUND LAKE IS NOT UNDER ANY OBLIGATION TO ACCEPT
- MCF-mandated or court ordered clients. Clients must recognize that life conflicts (impaired driving, child apprehension, etc.) are caused as a result of alcohol and drug use.
To be eligible to enter residential treatment the client must:
- Be free from all communicable diseases (eg., scabies, lice)
- Have a tuberculosis (TB) test in the last 12 months (If a TB test is positive and results measure larger than 10 mm, skin teset results must be follow up by a TB chest X-ray.
- Have two weeks clean from alcohol and mood altering drugs prior to admission. Crystal meth users must be clean for five months prior to admission. Click HERE for a current Safe / Unsafe Medication List.
- Refer to the Application Form for Methadone and Suboxone criteria.