House Code of Conduct
There are many guidelines to be learned necessary for communal living. A sample is provided below for:
- Unsupervised group or circle work is not allowed at any time. “Counselling” of other residents is not acceptable or permitted
- Refrain from lending money, cigarettes or clothing and so on, as this is part of learning how to be responsible for self
- If you have your own vehicle, you are asked to take full responsibility for asserting any boundaries and limits concerning your vehicle to other residents
- Horseplay, or roughhousing is not permissible in residence for safety, boundary concerns, and property damage prevention.
- The use of profanity is a cause for concern and is not permissible
- No food or drinks allowed in your bedroom.
- Please remain within Round Lake property perimemeter when going for walks.
Appropriate dress that is modest and reflective of your recovery, respectful to self and others is required and may include as outlined below:
- Shirts are to be worn at all times
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses are to be a respectful, modest length
- Spandex or leggings may be worn if covered appropriately with a long shirt that covers to mid-thigh
- No inappropriate logos, sayings, or pictures on clothing
- Sleepwear is not permitted in common areas
- Clean socks and/or proper footwear such shoes or slippers are required on the feet at all times
- To demonstrate respect, courtesy and honour, please remove your hats and sunglasses during meal times.