Round Lake Treatment Centre is seeking a Wellness Counsellor Facilitator, for a contracted full time opportunity.
The Wellness Counsellor Facilitator is part of a team, that is responsible for the delivery of programs using trauma informed practices and models to ensure client focused and culturally relevant treatment content are provided.
We are looking for a candidate with addictions services, and an in-depth understanding the impact of trauma on First Nations, its complexity, and is willing to work as a team member within a multi-disciplinary team. Candidates with lived experience considered an asset if in a recovery program; Thus, we are open to mentor a First Nations candidate with proven recovery experience and background.
RLTC is an alcohol and drug free environment. Service providers in the substance misuse field must maintain a reasonable standard of professional practice and will act as a role model. Candidates must be double vaccinated from Covid-19 and willing to be compliant with all RLTC COVID policies and Provincial Health Authority Orders.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Professional certification from an alcohol and drug counsellor training program and/ or willing to seek training.
- Commensurate combination of work experience or minimum 2 years’ experience in residential treatment or related counselling experience of First Nations clients and in substance misuse and mental health programs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated background and knowledge of First Nations peoples’ customs, culture, and impact of trauma issues, and cultural oppression.
- Lived Experience with proven and established recovery program in place.
- Cultural and traditional skills and abilities assets or willing to learn
- Knowledge of trauma informed practices and group facilitation skills.
- Qualities including cooperation; sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy; strong negotiation, and consensus-building skills; the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a demanding and dynamic environment.
- Emotional Intelligence Competencies that includes adapting to changing situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are a must.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Class Five Driver’s License as Required and Class Four Driver’s license an asset.
Submit cover letter, resumé, three written letters of professional references, and copies of certificates to the attention of the Hiring Committee. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No phone calls please.
Round Lake Treatment Centre
200 Emery Louis Road, Armstrong, BC V0E 1B5
Fax: (250) 546-3227 Email: JeanetteD@roundlake.bc.ca
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Only those potential candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check.