Round Lake Treatment Centre is hiring a Part-time/On-Call Client Support Worker (CSW). In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, reporting to the Program Administrator, this position is responsible for the supervision and support of the Centre’s Clients.
- Facilitation of evening and weekend client activities,
- Transporting all clients for weekly off-site activities using a class 4 vehicle
- Out-of-business hours, assuming responsibility for the Centre
- Acting as primary warden in all emergency situations
- Client support and documentation
As the CSW Part Time on-call, you will be expected to:
- Cover rotating shifts with the focus being on covering evening, midnight and weekend shifts
- Be available on an on-call basis with little notice and to cover scheduling gaps such as sick days, vacation, and emergency personal leave, not covered by existing permanent staff
- Fully functional in all areas of CSW responsibility
- Valid Class 4, BC Driver’s License
- Knowledge of addictions and recovery
- Demonstrated background and knowledge of First Nations peoples’ customs, culture, and trauma informed practice.
- Successfully completion of Grade 12
Preferred knowledge and skills:
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certification
- Aboriginal Health Worker Certificate or two years’ equivalent experience in a Residential Treatment setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer skills, i.e. email, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Ability to safely lift 25 pounds
RLTC is an alcohol and drug free environment – Service providers in the substance misuse field must maintain a reasonable standard of professional practice and will act as a role model. Join our team today and help make an impact in the lives of others! Send Cover Letter, Resume and Three (3) Business References to Jeanette DeFauw: Fax: (250) 546-3227 / Email: JeanetteD@roundlake.bc.ca Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check and provide a clean driver’s abstract.