Round Lake Treatment Centre (RLTC) is seeking an experienced Nurse able to work with clientele with substance abuse history, and multigenerational trauma. The incumbent is responsible for providing general health services to center’s clientele in accordance with BCCNM standards, Round Lake Treatment Centre policies and procedures, and CARF Standards. Essential functions of the position include client assessment and orientation to the health program structure and guidelines. Core components of responsibilities include providing medical care, medication management in client self-administration and monitoring medications, implementation of infectious disease policy and protocols, providing emergency First Aid/CPR, and delivery of educational presentations on health and life-style issues.
RLTC is an alcohol and drug free environment. Service providers in the substance misuse field must maintain a reasonable standard of professional practice and will act as a role model.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Three (3) year’s recent related experience providing treatment services to individuals with mental health and/or addiction issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Effective time management skills and ability to function autonomously
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations values, traditions and history – past experience working in FN led organization an asset
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery and trauma informed practice
- Broad knowledge of behaviour management and ability to utilize non-violent crisis intervention strategies in a trauma informed manner.
- Broad knowledge of facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution techniques and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of addictions, recovery and related health care issues including ability to communicate effectively with substance abuse clientele
- Emotional Intelligence Competencies that includes adapting to changing situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email are a must.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Counseling skills and class 4 driver’s license are assets.
Submit cover letter, resume, three written letters of professional references, and copies of certificates to the attention of the Hiring Committee. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No calls please. Only those potential candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
Round Lake Treatment Centre
200 Emery Louis Road
Armstrong, BC V0E 1Bj
Fax: (250) 546-3227
Closing Date: open until position is filled
Salary based on experience and skill in a residential treatment center environment
Contract renewal: Renewal of contract is based upon performance evaluation at the end of the 1 year term
Application Deadline: 2021-09-30
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
RLTC is an alcohol and drug free environment – Service providers in the substance misuse field must maintain a reasonable standard of professional practice and will act as a role model. Join our team today and help make an impact in the lives of others! Send Cover Letter, Resume and Three (3) Business References to Jeanette DeFauw: Fax: (250) 546-3227 / Email: JeanetteD@roundlake.bc.ca Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal record check and provide a clean driver’s abstract.