ROUND LAKE TREATMENT CENTRE
The Journey to Wellness: Addressing Our Trauma & Shame
Five Day Intensive Healing Program:
September 11-15, 2017
Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed by the challenges of our people and communities?
Would you like a better understanding of the impact of unresolved trauma and shame on our peoples?
Do you encounter lateral violence?
If you work in a First Nations Organization with First Nations people and want to learn more about addressing the effects of intergenerational trauma, sign up for our workshop:
Unresolved trauma and shame continues to have a devastating impact on Indigenous peoples around the world.
This workshop will examine the impact of trauma and unresolved grief by taking participants through a series of awareness and healing activities. Special attention will be placed on lateral violence - an impact of oppression. Essential to the healing process is culture.
Emphasis will be placed on safety, trust, grief work and self-care. Participants will leave with a greater understanding of the necessary healing steps that can be taken to resolve trauma on the journey to wellness.
To provide a cognitive understanding of trauma and its impact on the individual, the family and the community.
To explore abandonment and shame in relation to the trauma and abuse.
To explore and discuss lateral violence and its impact on Indigenous communities.
To assist participants in examining the necessary healing steps, including safety, trust and grief work required for the resolution of trauma and shame.
Admission restricted to Colleagues in the field - not appropriate for individuals new to sobriety.
For more information, please call 250-546-3077 or email: Intake@roundlake.bc.ca
Download a Poster!
Application Forms can be downloaded in FILLABLE PDF.
Download the Pre-Arrival Package and Program Outline!
- Love you guys and gals @ Round Lake. New life, here I come!
- A wonderful personal learning.
- Hell, Yes! Very powerful. Very impacting!!
- Invaluable as an individual and as a professional.
- It has brought me major breakthroughs in why my life has been the way it was. My life is changed forever for the better :)
- I feel relieved, revitalized with hope, inspiration for a new beginning!
- The environment and staff are amazing.
- You bet!! My whole community if possible. My family. Friends. Current colleagues.