The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing support to the Board of Directors and the Management Team and supervision and leadership to the employees of the administration office and is also responsible for the maintenance of the Centre’s quality assurance program, including compliance with CARF standards for continuing accreditation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate office staff, assigning and monitoring clerical and secretarial functions
- Streamline and maintain office equipment and office records
- Assign and monitor clerical and secretarial functions
- Prepare and maintain employee schedules
Board and Management Support and Client Services
- Provide clerical support to the Executive Director, Executive Team, and Board of Directors
- Prepare kits, agendas, and record minutes for all meetings of the Board and Executive team.
- Arrange for payment of honorariums and expenses to the Board of Directors
- Coordinate the annual and special general meetings by compiling the annual report, sending out notice of the meeting, preparing the meeting agenda and adhering to the requirements of the Society Act and the Interior Native Alcohol and Drug Abuse Society by-laws.
- Organize and prepare i) public relations activities such as anniversaries, intake worker workshops, seminars, etc. and 2) gatherings, parties, workshops, training, etc.
- Develop and maintain promotional materials.
- Enhance and maintain web site.
- Prepare and monitor budgets and create financial reports.
- Create and maintain personnel files, place postings and coordinate recruitment and interview process, coordinate orientation process for all new Centre staff including providing orientation sessions as applicable.
- Coordinate in-house and other staff training sessions
- Ensure training and development records of staff are updated to provide an accurate record of competencies within the organization.
- To ensure an in depth understanding of the Centre’s operations, review Centre correspondence, briefing notes and minutes and attend pertinent meetings.
- Initiate and actively participate in the development of various Centre projects.
- In cooperation with the executive team, handle a wide variety of situations and conflicts.
- Be responsible for confidential and time sensitive materials
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Client services responsibilities include the following:
- Develop, implement, collate and analyze client evaluation forms and prepare reports
- Assist clients in evaluation forms completion
- Liaise with Centre staff in regards to evaluation issues
- Liaise with referral agencies and conduct client follow-ups
The position of PM & M Coordinator is responsible for the timely and efficient preparation of reports and other documentation relating to clients and Centre activities. Other duties include:
- Accurate and timely database maintenance
- Preparation of annual reports
- Ensure files are accurate and complete via file audits
- Maintain client file storage as per policies and procedures
- 72-Hour Post Discharge Follow-up
- Respond appropriately to requests for information, within the context of Centre policies and procedures
- Data collection and analysis
- Participate in policy reviews and policy development
- Contribute to critical incident reviews
- Office Administration/Business Administration diploma or degree preferred
- Advanced Course in Statistics an advantage
Skills and Abilities
- Computer literacy; advanced technical skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Publisher, Access or other database. Web page development. SAGH Accpac software. Keyboarding skills of 60 wpm or more.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills
- Statistics and database management training and experience
- Budgeting and financial management training and experience
- Analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail and level of accuracy
- Very effective organizational and time management skills
- Requires focus, drive, and an in depth understanding and interest in the operations of the organization.
- Several years of experience in high level administration within a health or social services environment
Please email resume and documents to AmandaB@Roundlake.bc.ca
No phone calls please