Round Lake Treatment Centre is seeking a Wellness Counsellor Facilitator, for a contracted full time opportunity.
The Wellness Counsellor Facilitator is part of a team, that is responsible for the delivery of programs using trauma informed practices and models to ensure client focused and culturally relevant treatment content are provided.
We are looking for a candidate with addictions services, and an in-depth understanding the impact of trauma on First Nations, its complexity, and is willing to work as a team member within a multi-disciplinary team.
The focus of the work is to co-create an environment that fosters client safety, choice and empowerment in the all services provided, particularly in group facilitation processes and content. As a result this position will participate in the development and implementation of process and content knowledge exchange with clients impacted by historic and intergenerational trauma.
Candidate must have experience and proven ability in planning, preparing and leading dynamic interactive group sessions using various mediums and delivery methods. All candidates will be asked to demonstrate this skill at the interview by presenting a written workshop plan and facilitating a portion of the plan with a ten minute activity with panel. The detailed workshop plan will state objectives and how the ten minute presentation fits within the plan, (outlining progression and transitions utilizing psychodramatic curve). The workshop plan criteria will be provided to those selected for interview.
RLTC is an alcohol and drug free environment. Service providers in the substance misuse field must maintain a reasonable standard of professional practice and will act as a role model.
Education, Training and Experience:
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in a related field in Health, or Counselling, Psychology, Social Work and / or Professional certification from an alcohol and drug counsellor training program.
- Commensurate combination of work experience or minimum 2 years’ experience in residential treatment or related counselling experience of First Nations clients and in substance misuse and mental health programs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated background and knowledge of First Nations peoples’ customs, culture, and impact of trauma issues, and cultural oppression.
- Knowledge of trauma informed practices and first rate group facilitation skills.
- Qualities including cooperation; sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy; strong negotiation, and consensus-building skills; the ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a demanding and dynamic environment.
- Emotional Intelligence Competencies that includes adapting to changing situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email are a must.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Class Five Driver’s License as Required and Class Four Driver’s license an asset.
Submit cover letter, resumé, three written letters of professional references, and copies of certificates to the attention of the Hiring Committee. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. No phone calls please.
Round Lake Treatment Centre
200 Emery Louis Road, Armstrong, BC V0E 1B5
Fax: (250) 546-3227 Email: AmandaB@roundlake.bc.ca
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Only those potential candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check.