Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares, cooks and serves food items for clientele as designated.
- Controls portioning of food items to ensure recipe yield meets assigned quantity quotas.
- Dishwashing and kitchen cleanup.
- Ensure compliance with safe food handling practices and other health & safety regulations.
- Performs other related duties.
Skills and Abilities:
- Graduation from a recognized 12-month program in quantity cooking or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physically fit, able to lift, unload and move supplies.
- Must be flexible and adaptable, responsive to client and employee concerns and needs.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues and applicable policies and procedures.
- Preference would be given to applicants with FoodSafe, OFA Level 1 and WHMIS.
Hours of Work:
- Day shift.
- This position is 4 days per week.
What makes you a great Candidate?
- A high standard of diligence for your work and a true passion for food.
- Enthusiasm for being an integral part of the kitchen team.
- Ability to work independently with good critical thinking skills.
- Knowledge and consideration of beliefs and values of First Nations clientele.
Why chose Round Lake Treatment Centre?
- Competitive starting wage, benefits available after probationary period.
- Work in a rewarding, team environment on permanent day shift.
- Employment training focused on personal wellness.
Join our team today and help make an impact in the lives of others!
Please email resumes to HeatherC@roundlake.bc.ca or fax to 250-546-3227
Closing date: October 18, 2019